Wrappers, cigarette butts, plastic bits and pieces on the ground…no big deal, right? Wrong! When lots of people throw away small stuff, it becomes a big problem: Litter.
Sure, litter is ugly AND it’s also costly and unhealthy. Plastic trash and butts get washed down the storm drain, where they can pollute the waterways. It costs the County – and the taxpayer – a lot of money to clean up.
The answer is so simple: Keep it Clean, Marin!
- Don’t let it fly! Throw stuff away in the nearest can or bin.
- Picnic in the park? Pack it out! Leave no litter behind.
- Can’t can it? If it’s overstuffed, don’t try to cram in one more thing or leave it on the side. If the can is crammed, don’t leave it behind. Find the next can for your trash.
- See litter? If it’s safe, pick it up and take care of it.
- See someone littering? Encourage your friends and family to stop litter in its tracks.